Did you know?
It’s not clear exactly how many people are affected, but it is estimated that between 3 and 6 million people in the UK may have some degree of incontinence and as many as 1 in 3 of us will have some continence problems at some time in our adult lives.
What causes Incontinence?
Although bowel and bladder weakness becomes more common as we get older, incontinence is not an inevitable part of ageing.
Incontinence can result from a number of health problems. It is treatable and often curable at all ages. It you experience incontinence, it may help you to remember that loss of bladder control can be treated.
Treatment for urinary incontinence:
- losing weight
- regularly doing pelvic floor exercises can help both men and women – firm, strong pelvic floor muscles are important to support the bladder, womb and bowel
- taking medication
- behavioural changes
- bladder suspension and surgery – helps place a sagging bladder back into its normal position
- bladder training – type of behavioural therapy that helps a person regain control over urination
Alternatively there are many type of incontinence products that can help you manage your incontinence in a discreet manner.
How can Adaptawear help?
Whilst incontinence is not easy to discuss, it can seriously affect one’s quality of life.
Adaptawear has a range of discreetly adapted clothing products that will make incontinence sufferer’s lives so much easier and maintains comfort and more importantly your dignity at all times.
- Our open-back nightwear are extremely popular with carers as it makes toileting easier and is more dignified for the wearer. However, our adaptive nightwear is also ideal for someone who is independent.
- Our open back trousers help those who are immobile or wheelchair bound whilst maintaining their dignity at all times. They have a loose fit that is ideal for drainage bags as well as for better comfort.
- Our range of incontinence swimwear to help specifically with bowel incontinence.
For more information about incontinence and incontinence products do visit our sister website: Incontinence UK